Saturday, March 15, 2008

Movie Quote Meme





Okay so Karen tagged me for this....sounded interesting enough, a good waste of my valuable time that should be spent doing the aforementioned piles of laundry.





Behold, the rules:
  • Pick fifteen(or sixteen if you are cool like me) of your favorite movies.

  • Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.

  • Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.

  • Fill in the film title once it's guessed.

This part is for the reader:

  • No Googling or using IMDB search functions. (Don't be Cheaty McCheater-Face! You can look up those words at Dictionary.com if you must)

  • Leave your answer(s) in the comments.

Here we go!

Alright people second quotes for those that were not guessed...these are not hard!!!!


1. Things have certainly changed around *here*. I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees. Back to the Future - Courtesy of Mr. Star via Mrs. Star


2. It's because I have these incredible boobs to fill it out!

Can you tell I'm wearing underwear? 'Cause I totally am.


3. The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is...42. Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy -Karen


4. I mean, not many girls in contemporary American society today would give their underwear to help a geek like me. Sixteen Candles - Tracy followed closely by Karen


5. Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine. You gotta hold the frame. Dirty Dancing - again, Tracy followed closely by Karen


6. Ten years. Ten years, man, ten years!!! TEN YEARS!!!

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"


7. The only thing we serve here is tongue! You boys like tongue? The Goonies -Karen, finally!


8. Excuse me. Have you seen The Feminine Mystique ? I've lost my copy. 10 Things I Hate About You -Karen


9. Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". I wonder what that means? That's funny, it's spelled just like the word "escape." Finding Nemo - Karen...it's about freaking time!!


10. Person1: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Person2: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
Person1: What happened to then?
Person2: We passed then.
Person1: When?
Person2: Just now. We're at now, now.
Person1: Go back to then!
Person2: When?
Person1: Now.
Person2: Now?
Person1: Now!
Person2: I can't.
Person1: Why?
Person2: We missed it.
Person1: When?
Person2: Just now.
Person1: When will then be now?
Person2: Soon.
Person1: How soon? Spaceballs -Karen, by the way, hubby is impressed


11. On a more personal note Beatrice, Edgar ran off with an old girlfriend, you're gonna go stay with your mom a couple nights then realize you're better off.

I go out, I work my butt off to make a living, all I want is to come home to a nice clean house with a nice fat steak on the table, but instead I get this. It looks like poison. Don't you take that away, I'm eating that, damn it. It is poison, isn't it? I swear to God I would not be surprised if it was, the way you skulk around here like a dog that's been hit too much or ain't been hit enough, I can't make up my mind. You're useless, Beatrice. The only thing that pulls its weight around here is my goddamn truck.


12. I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no".

Fortunately, I know how to counter it; the man who did the waking buys the man who was sleeping a drink; the man who was sleeping drinks it while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking.


13. I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed. A Christmas Story - Karen


14. The intruders are leaving, but others will come. Sometimes we'll sense them. Other times, we won't. The Others - Karen, damn it, I need to quit talking to you about movies I love!! :)


15. Are you blind its a lonely tear drop! Cry Baby - Karen, I shouldn't have given you that hint :)


16. Depends on the topic. My fenders don't exactly whip me into a verbal frenzy! 10 Things I Hate About You - Karen....and yes, I did put two of these on here because I love the movie that much!


And go!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG -- My Two FAVOOOOORITE movies of all time...

4 -- Sixteen Candles (I so heart Jake Ryan)

3 -- Dirty Dancing -- Really, thought, my favorite line is "I CARRIED A WATERMELON?"

Love you!

Karen said...

Here's what I got on first glance, while watching Open Season with the family.
#4 Sixteen Candles
#5 Dirty Dancing

Drama said...

Trac...I almost used that one for Dirty Dancing! And why can't more men be like Jake?

Karen...I would hope upon further glances you will get more of them! I have high expectations for you:)

Scott-N-Heather said...

Hubby said #1 is Back to The Future

Scott-N-Heather said...

Hubby said #10 is that stupid movie with Jim Carey that was about him growing up. Sorry, that's as close as we get. Requesting partial credit if correct.

Karen said...

Okay, it's late, but I'm taking a second look. So many are familiar.
#15 Edward Scissorhands?
#16 10 Things?

Karen said...

Crapshoot on some of these...
#1 Back to the Future?
#3 Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
#7 American Werewolf in London?
#9 Spaceballs?
#12 Princess Bride?
#13 Christmas Story?

Karen said...

I'm just going to guess random Heath Movies for all of them, odds I'll get one right! Ha!

#12 Knight's Tale or Casanova?
#14 Brother's Grimm?

Karen said...

#8 10 Things

Drama said...

Star...Sorry no Jum Carey, I already have one of those at home!

Karen...I limited my love of Heath to just the one movie this go around! And you are so close on #15!!

Karen said...

315 Crybaby!

Karen said...

Okay, after a good night's sleep...
#7 Goonies, how did I not know that before?
#14 The Others? That's the one with Nicole Kidman right?
Oh and you credited me with Spaceballs, which funny enough I knew, my first answer was a typo.
And the correct answer to
#9 is Harry Potter, yes?

Drama said...

Karen, I didn't even look at the number for the Spaceballs answer, that's freaking funny! And I knew I shouldn't have talked to you about The Others!! :P

Karen said...

I think I need to not watch so many movies. Is #9 Harry Potter or not? This is my last guess, the rest I do not know!

Drama said...

Sorry, mame, it is not!

Karen said...

Damn. It's a kid's movie though isn't it?????

Drama said...

It has been enjoyed equally been the adults and the children....would love to be of more help but...I suffer from short term memory loss. It runs in my family... At least I think it does... :)

Karen said...

Oh hell, Finding Nemo. Why didn't I get that before, you clown fish loving family!

Karen said...

Okay, I cheated, they aren't hard movies, I just didn't recognize the quotes. Getting old I guess. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

#6 Grosse Pointe Blank