Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Didn't make it back to base quick enough!!

Alright, so Karen tagged me....I think she just wants me to get off my lazy ass and blog! :)

Here's the deal. Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn't seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life?

You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love.


Hmmm....15 years ago I was 16 years old....this should be interesting!

*I graduated from Pine View School for the Gifted, cause I am special that way! After which I was accepted to UCF...was introduced to a group fraternity boys....lived, ate and slept with them....mind out of the gutter people....only "slept" with one....they became like a big dysfunctional family to me....that my friends is where I met my hubby...

*Left home...offically....told my stepfather to go *F* himself...with one quick blow any relationship with my "parents" was done...that my friends is a LONG story for another day.

*Flunked out of UCF....twice....all that "giftedness" in me!

*Started working in the Admissions Office of UCF...yes, I see the irony....the larger irony is they wanted to pay for me to go back to school to become a admissions officer.....God has a funny sense of humor!

*I got pregnant, by my then boyfriend, we didn't want to get married, mainly because everyone wanted us to, rebellion, gotta love it! Had a beautiful little girl that now rolls her eyes at me on a daily basis....Little Miss Know It All!

*Boyfriend graduated college, we got married, went on a honeymoon and moved to Pennsylvania...all in one week in May 1998!

*Decided when Little Miss Know It All was 15 months old "we" wanted another one...apparently my house was laced in crack and I was unaware....I stopped the pill and two weeks later....two lines, people, two lines...we didn't want one that quick, yet nine months later Miss Sassy joined us.

*At 7 months pregnant we moved back to Florida, back to my hometown, where my mother that I still did not talk to lived, good times, good times.....

* We bought our first real house....then we sold it after a year...we moved back to Pennsylvania, I think I cried silently the whole way. We were met in PA, literally as we crossed the border from Delaware with 12+ inches of snow....fresh new snow...every 10 yards was a car that spun out into a large ditch....Welcome HOME!!!

*9-11 happened...we lived in the Philly-NYC- NJ little tri-area....we also lived 2 miles away from a nuclear power plant....I gave my hubby till June to get us out....we moved back to Florida in April.

*Moved into in nice house in a nice subdivision made many great new friends....feeling all safe and family like we decided to add to our bode...Little Miss Drama was born and we realized that we were done.

*And now...I volunteer too much of my time, save to little for my family and the house is NEVER clean....speaking of which it's time to get on that!

So I know I went over my allotted 10 bullets but really rules are annoying and only really meant to be broken, ask my kids they will tell you!!!! I am not a fan of playground games, the others kids weren't very nice to me....so I am tagging anyone who chooses to join...if you would like to play along feel free...it's harder than you think...however feel no pressure!!! Although I know Christy always needs something to write about, she has such a hard time blogging! ;)

4 comments:

Karen said...

See that didn't hurt, did it?

Drama said...

Like a resume for the unemployed!

Christy said...

My Hubs graduated from UCF, probably a decade before you guys!

LOL on the tag.....sort of tag.

It is VERY timely as I'm having lunch with old bf, I think, on Thursday and haven't seen him for, oh, about 17 years?

I'm on it. (And you know how I HATE to blog.....)

Drama said...

:) Sometimes this world is WAY too small of a place!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to your post!! ;)