Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end....

So after a few weeks absence I thought I should pick back up with my weekly quote blogs...this week....closure. Seeing as I just put some closure to a large part of my life I thought this would be apropos. I found my light, it is getting brighter by the day...see my reign as "that" PTA mom, the PTA President, is over...after a long struggle to get out!!! It was a long complicated year, I expected to want to vent about it over the weekend as that was when my term ended, but instead I found that I am good to let it go, let it sink to the bottom of the abyss with a large block wrapped around it. It was a hurtful year as you may have already gathered, I was disappointed in the humanity of people, I wanted to like women again and have some faith...instead I was lambasted by those I thought were my friends. So now I am chalking up to a HUGE learning experience, I will be better for it, more appreciative of my time and those around me that I love. See there can always be an upside...sometimes you just have to hunt it out......


What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from. ~ T.S. Eliot

A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go. ~ Unknown

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with. ~ Harry Crews

Always look to the good stuff in your life, otherwise you're wasting what time you're given here sulking about the crap that in the end won't be anything to you. ~ Unknown

10 comments:

Karen said...

I prefer "I belong to a cult, it's called the PTA".

Drama said...

I note sarcasm....you're just jealous you couldn't have a year like me!! ;)

Christy said...

First--I love the song. It's on my playlist, too.

And graceful closure and moving on seems so key in life, as life is change.

I move on well, but I'm a non-graceful closer.

An abrupt bridge-burner, generally.

Except my old stalking days. I sometimes want to go back to those guys and apologize, but that restraining order makes it difficult....

Drama said...

Yeah, there was no graceful closure here, just the idea that I don't want to continue to try to cross a bridge that is burnt and crumpling to the ground! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that last one. I am going to commit that to memory.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Do I have a book for you--as soon as I get off the computer and finish it I'm going to post about it. It's called "Queenbee Moms and Kingpin Dads," by Rosalind Wiseman and it contains so much great parenting info about stuff like PTA it's amazing.

Ingot said...

We are the music makers
and we are the dreamers of dreams
wandering by lone sea breakers
and sitting by desolate streams
world losers and world forsakers
on whom the pale moon gleams
yet we are the movers and shakers
of the world forever it seems

With wonderful deathless ditties
we build up the worlds great cities
and out of a fabulous story
we fashion an empire's glory
one man with a dream at leisure
shall go forth and conquer a crown
and three with a new song's measure
shall trample an empire down

We in the ages lying
in the buried past of the earth
built Nineveh with our sighing
and Babel itself with our mirth
and o'erthrew them with prophesying
to the old of the new world's worth
for each age is a dream that is dying
or one that is coming to birth

Anonymous said...

^^^^^Arthur O'Shaunessy, BTW!

Drama said...

Thanks! I was wondering!

Christy said...

Incredible. Weird, but incredible.