Thursday, July 17, 2008

I want to thank you, thank you...

I had a whole quote blog written in my head for Wednesday all about miscommunication...for some reason I just couldn't get it out...that seems to be happening to me alot lately...great blogs in my head that never quite make it to the computer. Anyhow I realized this time around it was because I really wanted to use a different topic...gratitude. I realized it when I read my friend Karen's blog about her recent turn of events in her house...the economy is turning to crap, we are at war, people are just downright crabby...but in the great scheme of things I am and should be grateful...grateful for my life, my family, the love of my hubby...and for those that know me this is saying alot...most of my life I was dealt a crappy hand...but I am grateful for every day of it....so, yeah, gratitude.


Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~ Buddha

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. ~ Eric Hoffer

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
~ Melodie Beattie

Gratitude is one of the least articulate of the emotions, especially when it is deep. ~ Felix Frankfurter

2 comments:

Christy said...

How nice!

That first one, the Buddha one, is my email signature.

I try to remember to delete it when I'm writing ungrateful emails, but I don't sometimes, and feel stupid after.

I wish I always felt it.

Ingot said...

Actually, I'm big on showing the proper gratitude.

But I think there's some truth in the following:

Gratitude is merely the secret hope of further favors.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)