Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Confessions of a Drama Queen

It has been a long week and a half or so....went to Miss Sassy's dance nationals....great time...just LONG!!! Left with drama from one friend came home to drama with another....when does it end...I love them but I think something about me just screams..."not enough going on here....need some drama"...blah!!! Anyways...long week!

So I am sitting here again on a Wednesday debating what my topic should be for quotes this week.....since my time seems to be filled drama maybe we will focus on that!!!

To see your drama clearly is to be liberated from it. ~ Ken S. Keyes Jr.

Children seldom have a proper sense of their own tragedy, discounting and keeping hidden the true horrors of their short lives, humbly imagining real calamity to be some prestigious drama of the grown-up world. ~ Shirley Hazzard

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy, and a tragedy. ~ Mark Twain

Drama is based on the Mistake. I think someone is my friend when he really is my enemy, that I am free to marry a woman when in fact she is my mother, that this person is a chambermaid when it is a young nobleman in disguise, that this well-dressed young man is rich when he is really a penniless adventurer, or that if I do this such and such a result will follow when in fact it results in something very different. All good drama has two movements, first the making of the mistake, then the discovery that it was a mistake. ~ W. H. Auden

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day. ~ Bill Watterson

People don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown. ~ Chuck Palahniuk

Maybe that's the problem....sometimes the worst known situation is still better than the possibly the best unknown!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm in drama up to my skivvies, and I'm getting out.

Timely post....

Anonymous said...

^^^^what she said. thanks for the perspective on Drama, Drama.