Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I see the light.....


I used to pride myself on the ability to see into someone and find their true character. I have had enough false people in my life to give me plenty of practice starting off at a very young age. So I find myself a bit lost this last year or so, I seemed to have misplaced it. I can't weed out the bull shit anymore, at least not well, I am not sure what that means. People may not like me but I find it unnecessary to hide my character, I think you should lay it on the line, not to be hurtful but because who has the time to present a false front. Not that I have never put forth a fake face but those times are far and few between.


I have learned SO much in the past few weeks about my unhappiness, the lack of sincerity in others and people's general negativity....I got sucked in, that's where I lost it - my ability to hunt down the bull shit, it's hard to find the bull shit when you are swimming in it - forest for the trees and all....well, I am getting out....there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it is fast approaching and I am looking forward to a whole new me at the other end, or rather rediscovering me at the other end!! Most likely my true character, the one I lost while floundering in the muck, will be waiting, ever so patiently, to smack me upside the head, followed politely after with a "what the hell?"....oh, wait, maybe that will just be my hubby......


Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. - Abraham Lincoln


Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street. - Elbert Hubbard


Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller


People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest. - Hermann Hesse


The farther behind I leave the past, the closer I am to forging my own character. - Isabelle Eberhardt


When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends. - Japanese Proverb


Character builds slowly, but it can be torn down within incredible swiftness. - Faith Baldwin


People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Character is so largely affected by association, that we cannot afford to be indifferent as to who or what our friends are. - Unknown


To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are. - Unknown


You can’t talk your way out of what you’ve behaved yourself into. - Stephen Covey

Do you smell something? Oh, wait, that's me....

Sidenote: I am quite amused by being able to add a song each time I do a quote post but man it takes way too much brainpower....hence the late song this time around........it is one of my new favorites....Linkin Park makes me happy, just enough angst mixed with thought provoking lyrics, no really, I am serious......



5 comments:

Christy said...

I'm curious as to the backstory here...not really my business, though.

The post stands alone, without backstory.

You're lucky to have ever thought you could see through people.

I never, never thought that, ever.

That's why I developed an elaborate umbrella philosophy that all people are good (but flawed), so I wouldn't go insane when I was disappointed.

My God, Drama! You always, always inspire me to post on topics!

(p.s. I wish, selfishly, you posted more, but not everyone is blogaholic like me, I know....people have lives, etc.....)

Scott-N-Heather said...

ah a massive life enema......isn't it grand ?!

Drama said...

Christy...umbrella philosophy was a good item, I have pushed myself close to nervous breakdown.

One day I will share all the backstory and to be honest there are many parts to it. I have a complicated little life, hence the "hello my name is drama". I am still trying to find the time, courage and just plain balls to write it all....I promise I will!

I have been hibernating a bit as of late, I tend not to write when I am feeling stifled, but like my blog said there is a tunnel, I see the light...... :)

Ingot said...

I think, as we move on with our lives and the people around us move on with theirs, everyone gets better at what they do.

People that were going to go bad, go bad. They drop out (and into) prison, or if they're REALLY bad, they move up the corporate ladder and we don't see them anymore.

Others get busy with their lives, and slide off the radar, cocooning like they were always going to do. They get better at cocooning.

People that are deceivers get better at deceiving. We stop being immune, because the bullshit artists are better at it.

Oh, and people you want to be friends with get increasingly rare too.

That part sucks.

Drama said...

Ingot....I couldn't agree more, it does SUCK! It is much easier to build walls and just feel safe and secure!