Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Are we having fun yet???

So let's take a step back....things have been a bit crazy for me since last week and I figured I would share some of this, partially because some of it is just too good not to and partially to oblige Christy's need for more blogging ;)....

Let's start with Thursday....see Thursday I was supposed to be driving to one of our many local malls to pick up an anniversary gift for my husband....I got a bit sidetracked! The little one and I were home getting ready and receive a phone call from Karen, she sounded a bit frantic, needed to know when my hubby was getting home from NY. The answer of not till tonight was not what she wanted to hear...she was currently being held hostage in her garage by a "large black snake" that was residing inside her kitchen. To be honest what ensued next was possibly one of the funnier things that has happened to me in a LONG time and I definitely needed a good laugh before my upcoming evening events, we will get to that people! Anyhow, I would explain the whole story but she already did such a fabulous job on her blog I will just link you there....http://whospeteshouldibeworried.blogspot.com/2008/05/snakes-whyd-it-have-to-be-snakes.html....go now, then come back, you will understand, I will wait.....no really, go and read. I do have to give her a little thanks, all the pics she took of my ass on the floor trying to coax the snake out of the cabinet remain where they should...hidden away on her laptop....thanks Karen!! This event took a good few hours of my time before I had to go get Miss Sassy and then later Miss Know it All....see my days are never easy, God forbid I should actually be able to pick up everyone at the same time, it's much more fun to drive to the school twenty times a day....really I am not bitter, no really!

So after dropping off the older two girls I head back to the school, yes people, back to the school, for my last PTA board meeting. See this the topic I have been avoiding since the inception of this blog...I am a PTA president, and I regret almost every day that I said yes, there I said it. I am still not willing to discuss the details of why PTA is so painful for me but what I will say is that on this night of my last meeting I wore this shirt.....

Yes I wore it on purpose, yes I am aware this gives other much fodder to discuss me but really they were going to anyways, I was just trying to be helpful, give them a conversation starter. To answer your question this time, yes, yes I am bitter! :) Honestly the meeting went very smoothly, I walked away not even shedding one tear!! The new board is starting their planning and I am feeling a heavy weight beginning to lift off my chest....aww...that light is becoming quite bright!!!!

7 comments:

Ingot said...

Feminine infighting is nasty. Being unmarried, I never had any advisors in that area, I had to learn to recognize it.

I still can't compete, but men have a "walk away and ignore" tactic that works a lot of times.

Hey, it's all we got.

I read your friend's snake post... There's something almost artistically juxtaposed about a pic of a pillow case with frilly feminine pattern, and a snake crawling out of it.

Drama said...

I am so much more like a guy than I want to admit,I have done the whole walk away and ignore thing, but everyone has a line, mind was crossed and my personal bubble invaded one too many times...hence the shirt...my silent protest! :)

Ingot said...

Yeah, that's classic.

When faced with that stuff, I usually attack the behaviour, and refuse to get pulled into the fight they want me to have with them.

Sometimes that works, sometimes not. It makes ME feel better though.

Karen said...

I love that shirt!
And I have not laughed so hard in a long time too. We were much less MacGyver, more like Lucy and Ethel, weren't we?

Christy said...

One thing about Florida--and I DO miss it--the wildlife. I had so many unwelcome critters down there!

Too funny, though! (When it isn't me...)

On the PTA....My bff Carol was biggest wig EVER in PTA volunteer land, so I helped her, and most of the crazy backbiting whizzed on by me, to her....

But one thing I never understood....if you volunteered for awhile, then "life" got in the way, and you stopped....you got more shit than people who never did anything.

I always felt that was patently unfair.

And MY take on that was that the bitchy women felt they were losing a minion to do their bidding, which was worse than never having had you as whipping girl.

Sorry. PTA, mommy shit is also heavy area for me.

Anonymous said...

I love that shirt, too! I can't see any snake pics or story on Karen's blog, though.

Scott-N-Heather said...

last meeting....woo hoo doing happy dance for you. The shirt....priceless. LMAO