Friday, May 16, 2008

I still do.....

Hmmm...so today I have been married for 10 whole years...wow, it's funny how nowadays that seems like a huge accomplishment. We had many things against us when we got married, we were young...I wasn't even legal to drink the champagne the country club served us! We also had a baby out of wedlock...the shock, the horror...well back in 1998 it still was at least! Realistically hubby and I would have married sooner if we didn't get pregnant but once we did and everyone kept yelling we "HAD" to get married, well, we refused, it was out of defiance that we didn't....like I said, we were young!

We have had our ups and downs...of course...but when you start out it seems impossible to imagine ten years...yet here we are...

I am lucky to have a husband who has stuck by me through a lot...my life has not always been a charmed one and he has always be right there with me...he claims it's not for the money! :)

Truly, I am blessed...he has given me three beautiful girls, a wonderful life and himself....what else can a girl ask for??


Umm, that would be 10 dozen sterling roses.....

5 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful!
And you had time to put them in vases and clean off the counter for that photo, even after our adventure yesterday?! I'm impressed!
Enjoy your anniversary!

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Good job, 10 years!

Scott-N-Heather said...

Awe congrats...those are so pretty. You might have to give him some now, if you haven't already :0 LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats Drama, thats wonderful.

Question from a guys point of view... are you happier or does it mean more to you that there are so many? Do you think he cares MORE to spend that much on flowers?

Everytime I buy flowers for my wife, I waggle back and forth... Usually I go with fewer flowers and dinner or movie or some nice gift, rather than the additioanl flowers. (Since we both work, it's OUR money we are spending here)...So from an unbiased source, what do YOU think?

Drama said...

Wizard....I think it was thoughtful of him...I would not expect anything like that if it were not our 10th and to be honest it was excessive, however that does not mean I don't appreciate it! Very "Bed of Roses", which is actually why I love sterlings to begin with!

My hubby knows I enjoy having flowers in the house, the southern part of me! He is always picking them up at the grocery.

Understand we also went out to an incredibly expensive restaurant, hoping to get around to blogging that. However if I had to choose I would prefer one single rose and a nice dinner out! I am lucky enough to have gotten both!!