Friday, May 23, 2008

On with the show.....


I figured I would continue with my story from last week, mainly because I want brag a bit about what a GREAT hubby I have, so.....picking up where I left off....last Thursday night....Hubby was home safe and sound, I was feeling good about my last meeting, time to think about that gift again! Hubby had already gotten me 10 dozen sterling roses....he is so sweet....and we were going out on Friday night, somewhere nice, suit and tie nice....hmmm.....I hate secrets!!! So Friday morning off to buy my sentimental gift, a small something, a clock made of tin, 10 years and all! Stop by, you guessed it, the school to do a few quick things and then home to get all decked out! Now I knew we were going to Cirque de Soleil...I was VERY excited, but still NO idea of where we were going for dinner! Get dressed up and his uncle was at our house promptly at 4pm...time to head out!


Cirque de Soleil was AMAZING!! Let me just say that I really assumed that it was just a tourist trap, being on Disney property and all. Now trust me I spend plenty of time and money at Disney but this show was incredible. I can see why people go back so many times, there is SO much going you don't know where to focus. Hubby and I have already talked about taking the girls to go see it....you know it has to be good to spend $40 each to take small children to go see!


We milled around Downtown Disney for a while, Hubby was stalling, I knew we were going to eat, could tell we had a reservation, just didn't know where. Finally after an hour of walking around we headed out....towards Magic Kingdom, now I am really confused....then towards the Grand Floridian....the most expensive hotel on Disney property, I am dying to stay there!! We tried to on our wedding night 10 years ago, for a single night in a "suite", again this 10 years ago, was almost $600...umm....yeah, like I said still dying to stay there!


Anyhow, finally realize at the guards gate where we were going!!! Victoria and Albert's!!! OMG!!!!! See our neighbor is a chef there, has given us all the low down but never did I imagine we would actually eat there! It costs $125 each just to walk in the door for the "basic" menu! Let me just say by the end of the night I could have taken one of my kids on a cruise! It was magnificent! The food was to die for, we tried things we would never normally eat....foie gras, wagyu steak, elk, sweetbreads(yeah, not so much liking that, mainly because I knew was it was). I felt SO bad, I was stuffed beyond belief by the time dessert came around, our neighbor was the one making them that night.....Hawaiian Kona Souffle, Peruvian Chocolate Ice Cream with Puff Pastry and Tanzanian Chocolate Pyramid with 24 kt gold, yes people I ATE gold!!!! Hubby paid the bill, I chose not to look, I thought the gag reflex I would have would have wasted that wonderful meal then residing in my stomach! But hey, our valet parking was validated!


The best part was since our friend was in the kitchen, we got to go back at the end of the night when everyone was done and check it out! Did I mention I before that I LOVE Gordon Ramsey??? It was such a treat....for hubby too, he didn't think our friend was working that night! All in all it was such a perfect gift....super excessive, but hell, we made it to 1o years, that is an accomplishment people!!! It is now a week later and I still feel full!!!! Anyhow, not that hubby and I don't have our ups and downs but it was such a nice reminder of how he really wants to make me happy and how lucky I am to have him!!!


Alright, alright, I am done being sappy now!!!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I saw two Cirque shows here, one I liked a lot, and one was only so-so.....

I took the kids to the so-so one, I think it was called Dralion?

(But I get all the names confused...)

It WAS a little pricey for kids.

But if you already KNOW the show is good? I'd say go for it!

The meal sounds AMAZING!!!! Nice knowing the chef!

I DO miss Orlando sometimes....

Christy said...

The show I liked better was Quidam.

But it could be I enjoyed it more because I was out with a girlfriend, footloose and fancy free, and not worrying about the girls getting lost/bored...

Anonymous said...

WOW! Amazing. How will he top that for 20 years???? (Well, I guess he has 10 more years to plan and save...LOL).

Congrats again!

Drama said...

Wizard, thanks! Like you said, he has ten years, he is great, he always has something up his sleeve!! I am a lucky girl!