Monday, February 18, 2008

I survived, barely....


Okay, so the weekend is over....I have not really been home in about a week, I don't count sleeping. My house definetely shows it!

This weekend was my induction into the world of competitive dance...what a "special" world it is. My journey bagan with a trek to Lakeland. Miss Sassy and I arrived in Lakeland at 9pm, only to have to go to a different hotel to drop off lipstick to a mom that was incapable of following the makeup list that was given to us in AUGUST! I mean it's really not that difficult, read what you are supposed to buy, go to the store that was mentioned, find the right color, pay and go home!!! NOT complicated, yet here it is February, the night before competition and I am bringing the lipstick to her, what is wrong with this picture!!

We finally arrive at our hotel, get Miss Sassy to sleep, I then have to stay up to sew the freaking caramel tights that I was never able to find, as well as the necklace that the foremention mother decided to fix for the younger kids on the team. See it's not that I am not appreciative but really my 8 year old could have done a better job, it looked terrible, even hubby noticed, that's says ALOT! Finally off to sleep...

Up at 7am to go help unload the props truck that all the men loaded the night before. Except I got lost at the civic center and was never able to find to the big huge UHaul truck full of massive props. So I was up early for nothing, might as well watch some solos, see what the day will be like. Nothing could truly prepare me....

Off to get Miss Sassy ready for her first dance....hair needed to be up perfectly in braided buns, it's fun to make an 8 year old sit still while you pull and rip at their hair to make sure there is no possible way it will fall out or stray hairs roaming around. Next was makeup, always fun to put mascara on the small child! Even more fun is the eye liner, who's bright idea was THAT!

So Miss Sassy competes after much drama of getting ready, not our drama, the aforementioned mother's drama that somehow I became thrust into, imagine that....me involved in drama, much less drama that had nothing to do with me!!

She did very good, we were SO proud! Then came the awards, well as all the kiddies were on stage one of the older girls from the company came to me in the audience profusely apologizing and letting me know that Miss Sassy was afraid because....wait for it....the caramel tights that I spent days of my time on got "snagged" on her belt as Miss Sassy was on her back. Oh yeah, see this were the drama follows me, I didn't invite it to come along it just appeared! I told her not to worry and to let Miss Sassy know not to be concerned. All was well, until......let's just say that snag is a very subjective word, ruined would have been a better choice! Here comes the irony of the whole situation......I immediately called my local dance store, seems she had in some of the tights I was looking for except they were adult smalls, but lucky for me they were made in Taiwan, which meant they did not fit the adults they were meant to but however did fit my eight year old. Now tell me why these were not available a week ago when I went to this same store to have her make me tights for competition! I give up!!! It all happens for a reason, I just don't know what the hell that reason is. Perhaps I should just sit back, shut up and go along for the ride!

No comments: