Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The first step...


Today was....let's say...unproductive. Tuesday is the only day during the week that I don't have thirty things to do. I woke up feeling very motivated, there are plenty of things on my list that NEED to get done, but none sounded very entertaining today, so here we are...unproductive.

Perhaps it's because yesterday, Monday, was the longest day of the week for me, that added on top of the stress of my husband being out of town plus dance drama I felt like I deserved a day off. The current question on my mind is do I create the drama or does it find me?

Who knew that my eight year old being on a competive dance team could make me cry, I didn't?! See when you are on company they give you a list of things you need for competition, it's a long list. So I figured I had till February, no rush, buy a little at a time. HA! I should have known, I should have seen it coming. The hotels for competitions in June were booked in September, I should have gotten the hint, apparently I am slow. Here it is February 5th, first competition is 10 days away and I am still in search of some damn caramel stirrup tights that apparently the entire state of freaking FL is out of. I have resorted to looking for places in NJ for my husband hunt down while on his trip, because that sounds like so much more fun than going into the city and drinking with his friends. So far this week I have spent $60 to get four pairs of caramel conversion tights express mailed to me, because you see there is a difference in stirrup and conversion...they cannot be interchanged, nor are they to be confused with footed tights, caramel color of course. Do I seem frustrated? That would be because I have spent no less than 5 hours in search of these freaking tights that I need by Sunday, not to mention the shoes, also caramel, that are one size too big. This is for an eight year old in case you missed that. See I am new to company this year, I wondered early in the year why everyone kept asking me if I got my f**king tights/shoes/makeup. Damn nosey moms, worry about your own kids, not mine...except oh, maybe this is why they kept asking, who knew that dance could be so much drama...oh yeah, the seasoned moms!!! Well I am sure I will do my part next year and ask the new incoming moms 10 times if they have their tights/shoes/makeup, when they roll their eyes at me I will walk away with a little smirk knowing that come February they will have wished they listened...aw, next year!

To answer the question this time...do I create the drama or does it find me? Oh yeah, all on me, creator of my own demise! Admitance is the first step.

No comments: