Thursday, February 21, 2008

SO cliche....


Alright ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for it....."This is gonna hurt me worse than you". UGH!!! Yep, I said it, I am that mom!

I was very specific, I gave a list, I gave chances, I gave them time!! UGH!!! Why don't they listen? It seemed simple enough to me....get home, quick snack, do homework, clean rooms, then and only then you get to go to the skate party. Well I am sure you can see where this is going....

Home....check.

Snack....check.

Homework....check.

Cleaning rooms..."Oh, I forgot about that, I will do it now" (apparently webkinz, the bane of my existence, was more pressing)

WHY can't they listen? I want them to have fun, despite the fact that I wanted to be at the skating rink like I wanted a hole in my head seeing as I am sick. Well now it's time to stick to my guns, and if you know me as a mother you know that is not my strong suit!

Bawling ensued! Doors slammed! Loud grunts of discontent! All followed by the silence, the silence of two little girls trying desperately to clean their rooms in hopes that Mommy would once again change her mind.

Dinner was like watching a prisoner waiting to be sentenced, a prisoner with puffy red eyes. I want to cave, they did clean their rooms, I want to give in. Lucky for me my hubby can look right through them, no effect, it's at special talent he has developed, not sure if I am incapable of learning or just don't want to!

Let me just remind you that I am PTA President for my school, please trust me I say this not because it gives me any clout or any accolades but rather because it is a PTA event, I should be there! I am sick, yes, and I know it will be taken care of, but I still feel guilty. Thus this time I really do mean "This is gonna hurt me worse than you"!

So no skating tonight! Gotta go, need to get the "prisoners" ready to go to Hip Hop, the class they were gonna miss to go skating. I am sure this is adequate punishment!! ;)

No comments: