Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....


We have a new addition....I am not happy about it....not sure how this happened! Miss Know It All went to a party, an aquarium theme, do you see where this is going? My friend Karen's child attended this party as well, she had joked with me earlier in the day that it had been mentioned to her about a party that was a Carnival theme where fish were given as the prizes. What a great idea she said, too which I informed her what I would do to her if this ever became the case. She felt that Little Drama really needed her own fish and thought it would be very amusing, I however was not so much laughing!!


Fast forward to 10pm at night....I pick up Miss Know it All from said birthday party...the parents, which are possibly some of the nicest people I know, whisper to me, "we aren't doing goodie bags, we bought fish, can she have one?". Now please understand that Miss Thing, or rather Miss Know it All, is standing right next to me! She already has the hamster from HELL, okay maybe it just doesn't like me. What was I supposed to do????? Needless to say we walked out with one beautiful new blue Siamese fighting fish that is now named Aqua!!


Thanks goodness for us we own every size fish tank imaginable and they all reside unused in my garage. So today Aqua will get a new home. DAMN PETS!!!!! I did however inform my daughter that they don't live long, looked it up, read quickly as she peered over my shoulder, went quickly past the people that claimed they could live up to 10 years and decided that the person stating 3 years would be sufficient! 10 years, are you kidding me!!! The freaking hamster is only gonna live another two!


Oh, yes, then there was the email from my oh so lovely friend Karen, she swears she didn't know! Sure.....I know somewhere she was cueing her evil laughter, Muhahaha!!! I only feel slightly better about it in the fact that she got a new addition too!!!! Well now.....Muhahaha right back at ya!!! :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

I swear to Pete I had NO idea they were giving away fish! That's what makes the whole thing so freakin funny! Breanna is still trying names on for size, I figure by the time she settles on one the damn thing will be dead. Goodness knows if it is depending on that child to survive it has a very limited life span.

Scott-N-Heather said...

Ah beautiful fishy. I have had lots of them and am quite the expert :). They live to be about 3 correct and are already about 1 when you get them. If you change the water correctly (not too cold), add the drops that gets out the chlorine etc, and don't put them in with fin nipping fish or other betas they will do fine. I've always had mine in their own bowl. I've actually always kept one on my desk at work....

Anonymous said...

But she's so pretty!

And look at it this way, at least it wasn't a puppy!

Or a jungle themed party! Imagine if you'd received a cobra as a party favor!

Christy said...

Our fighting fish lived for f--king
EVER!

But I did use artificial means of life support.....I "saved" him a few times with some OTC antibiotic crap.

Why I didn't just let him "go to the light" I'll never know......

Drama said...

Not helping Christy, I am trying to convince myself that it will be a short lived pet.... :)