Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday Again......


I can't believe how quickly time is flying lately....I feel like I blink and I lost a week. It is too early for me to focus to clearly but I know I will be gone for most of the rest of the day!


I scratched my cornea this week, let me just say that if you can avoid that I would do so without hesitation. I bring this up because it brings me to my topic this week.....perspective. It is amazing what you find unnecessary to do when not feeling well and what you deem as still having to be done. So perspective.....


You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. - Friedrich Nietzsche, I LOVE Nietzsche, cliche I know :)


We judge others by their behavior. We judge ourselves by our intentions. - Ian Percy


Flowers often grow more beautifully on dung-hills than in gardens that look beautifully kept. -Saint Francis de Sales


It is seldom indeed that one parts on good terms, because if one were on good terms one would not part. - Marcel Proust


Not everything that is more difficult is more meritorious. - Saint Thomas Aquinas


All religions issue bibles against him, and say most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. - Mark Twain, about the Devil - okay, really, just because I think that is funny.....


A gifted small girl has explained that pins are a great means of saving life, "by not swallowing them." - Charles Edward Montague, Dramatic Values


It isn't that they can't see the solution. It is that they can't see the problem. - G.K. Chesterton


To really enjoy the better things in life, one must first have experienced the things they are better than. - Oscar Holmolka


Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not. - George Bernard Shaw


One man's frankness is another man's vulgarity. - Kevin Smith


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Paul Eldridge


Necessity is not an established fact, but an interpretation. - Friedrich Nietzsche


And I will stop there, because obviously I have gone too far! :)
....I have now had to re-edit this blog four times, because apparently the spelling part of my brain does not work before 8am....note to self, when starting school again no early morning classes.....hope you are all functioning more clearly than me!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

All good but I like the first two.
I think the first one relates well to my post today.
And the second one is probably too true.

Christy said...

I love the second one. I think I'll try to assume everyone has good intentions and just got off track.

Won't change the facts, but it might make my attitude better....

You're a wise lady.

Btw, where in KY are you from?

Drama said...

Hey Christy. Thank you for the kind words! :) I left you a message yesterday, maybe you didn't see it! I am from good ole Louisville!!!

Scott-N-Heather said...

So sorry you hurt your eye... :(

Christy said...

I hadn't seen it when I commented.

Thanks!

I had a (now-defunct) fiance from Louisville. (At least one...)

But I'm from Hodgenville.