Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Can I apologize?


So apparently I tested the gods...I wrote about the fact that we may have to miss school if Tropical Storm Fay did not behave...well dammit here I sit at 8:30am my kids school be in a nice school building far away from me...instead they are curled up safely in their beds as our Superintendent decided we needed to keep them for one more day! It's a conspiracy I tell you...it is part of their idea to save money at the schools...kind of like the moronic choice to make high school start at 9am and middle school start at 7am! I believe Karen has the right idea with this one...a scientific study to see how many middle schooler in our neighborhood get pregnant now that they are home unsupervised from 1:30pm on!! Geniuses I tell ya!!

Anyhow, this was supposed to be my first full day with all three kids gone...in months...I was looking forward to it, dreaming about it actually. Granted I only planned on cleaning my house but really it was going to be all by myself, well minus the hubby working downstairs! I love my kids and yes I was a bit sentimental yesterday but it was fleeting...really it feel good for them to leave...as my friend pointed out I let hubby take them to school...on the first day!! So here I sit with rain and potential tornadoes...nothing like years of past...Charley and whatnot...but even the freaking trash guys came!!! I don't understand if it is safe for huge trucks to be roaming around with large amounts of debris in them why oh why can my children NOT go to school!!!!

Now really do I want them at school with tornadoes as a threat....I guess not...but really it is Florida people that is every afternoon!!!! On the upside I cleaned ALOT yesterday...bathrooms, tons of laundry...see I remember when we had no power for 5 days...granted I deserted with a friend to a hotel by Disney that had power, more importantly air conditioning, I mean I had a 6 week old...but we did call Karen regularly to find out how much it sucked over here. Anyhow I had laundry everywhere and the house was a mess, did I mention I had a six week old, and I swear a few days of no power mixed with a messy house is not pleasant. So yes, on the upside TS Fay made me clean...alot...yeah for her!!

So the plan for the day is playing at a friend's house if it is rainy and if the sun is out AT ALL we swim at my place...really sounds an awful lot like my summer!!!!!!!! UGH!! Wish me luck that all three girls make it to school at least a few days this week!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I believe this one falls into the heading "This storm brought to you by Home Depot and Publix".
So far it's the storm that wasn't. Let's take the kids to school anyway. Hee hee!

Scott-N-Heather said...

Did you still float in your pool and catch some waves? LOL