Monday, August 18, 2008

I am a rock...


Okay...first day back...I am a rock...I am ready for them to head back to the wonderful place called school. They look beautiful...we have already managed to lose shoes on the first day though...Lord it is going to be a LONG year...I feel it in my bones. But I am a rock, I am ready...until my oldest dressed in her cute dress with legging, matching none the less...this is a rarity in my house with her, even her patrol belt matches...scary...like I said I am a rock...until she reminds me that this is her last first day at Elementary school...I am not a rock I am a ball of mush!!! This time next year I will have a middle schooler, an elementary schooler and a kindergartner!!!! I am so not a rock!!! The tears are forming!!!!


I am a bad mom...I should have done something special to make this moment last...keep her young forever! I only have eight more years with her....this is not going well! First day back was supposed to make me happy...yeah, not happy!!! Okay, time to compose myself before hubby gets home from taking them to school and he sees what a total dork I am!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap, now I am gettng sentimental, too -- You're right -- MIDDLE SCHOOL this time next year. Shit, I need a bloody mary.

Karen said...

Just think how sad you'll be next year! Wah! They are growing up so fast!
Someone pass the Tequila please!

Christy said...

You ARE savoring it all!!! Just by sharing it, or pausing about it for a minute.

And believe me, the best is yet to come! Don't believe that hype about teens.....

It gets better, and better, richer and richer.

(Though not without a bit of pain....)