Monday, August 25, 2008

The Doctor will see you now....


I am not a doctor person...I don't dislike them, I just have learned who to deal with most of the pains in my body by myself. I guess this is also why I got meningitis seven years ago...the viral kind...the kind where you let yourself get sick and stay sick...I had a baby and a toddler, who had time to slow down much less go to the doctor...it is much more fun to wait till they have to quarantine you!

Anyways I am currently about a year and a half over due for my physical...I don't think that is too bad...the fact that I was supposed to have a ultrasound and bloodwork done well over a year ago is beside the point. I have been thinking now that my life is returning to normal I should schedule that appointment...Hubby is much better about this, he is doing a good job taking care of himself. So I keep telling myself "just get through the first two weeks of school then you can make all your appointments and take care of yourself"...it's a novel idea!

I don't dislike my doctor, he is funny and very easy going, I am finding out that alot of people I know go to him...hubby included. He is attentive and willing to listen when most other doctors tell me I am full of shit...really people I know my body...just listen! Anyhow, I really have no excuses I need to make that appointment!

There is a reason I bring all this up...see I was at a meeting this weekend...Miss Sassy's dance company...just a parent's meeting to tell us how stressed how great this year was going to be. We have a relatively small company, maybe 40 dancers this year, but we are good...people are traveling 2 hours to be in our company...I really do feel blessed for Miss Sassy and our family...for the most part it is a fun crowd. We have new students this year, eight according to Miss Sassy, I noticed new parent faces while coming in but didn't have time to really look, seeing as I was late like usual. Lucky for me Hubby was there waiting to trade off kids. As Hubby was leaving he whispered something in my ear...I made him repeat it, possibly three times, because really he can't be right. Sitting less than 10 feet away from me was...MY DOCTOR...are you kidding me??? At the exact moment I could have sworn I heard God laughing at me!! I mean really we have 40 freaking dancers, most are siblings so what 25 parents, and there are tons of dance companies around here!! I was convinced Hubby was wrong...I knew he wasn't but I had to come home and look up his wife's name, not I don't stalk much thanks for asking, just to convince myself!! CRAP!!!


Dammit now I have lost all my excuses...I am sure some of you are wondering why I am so concerned...let me explain...my child is now at the dance studio 11 hours a week...we all travel together...we all eat together...we all drink together...did I mention that I am currently the jackass that stepped up to coordinate events for the company?!


I cannot look this man in the eye and tell him I just forgot...I will see him at least once a freaking week...you just can't lie to someone you are going to see that much!!! Well I guess on the upside maybe he will see why I am so stressed all the time and possibly prescribe me some Valium!!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

LOL, you should go!

But I bet he wouldn't give you any shit, since he is easygoing.

Probably would rather forget the job....

Get that valium though!

Scott-N-Heather said...

Hey, think of it this way, you can disrobe and just have your exam in the closet next time you meet up at dance...saves gas money and an appt.

Believe it or not, I hate docs too but I finally bit the bullet and went. My punishment is perpetual spread eagle GYN exams. The fun part is that Friday I get to have an exam where the use of a condom to cover the probe prior to insertion is mandatory. I can hardly wait.

Get your ass to the doctor woman!

Scott-N-Heather said...

One more thing...you volunteered for something again...you sucker for punishment....LOL

Drama said...

Yeah, yeah, there is one born every minute...apparently I took over the whole hour!! But at least this is very small and I actually like these people!!! I get to plan outings like bowling and dinner..fun stuff!