Thursday, March 13, 2008

I think...well, maybe....

I suddenly find myself in a blogging mood...had one all ready to go and now I changed my mind...well, that has now become the point of this one. If my first name is DRAMA my middle name has to be INDECISIVE!!!

This is an affliction that has effected me for a long time, it is a large complaint of my husband's. Don't get me wrong I am great at the day to day stuff. I make the dinners choices, what the girls will wear to school (sometimes this is unsolicted..refer to "Did you...?" blog, you will understand why), etc. My problem lies in other areas....for example...restaurants....I just can't decide, unless I am really in the mood for CPK, then discussion is over! I figure I make the dinner choices all the time, I should get to bail on this one, this normally ends in a frustrating converstation in the car with a "fine, we will just go (fill in the blank with the restaurant we are currently closest to)." After 12 years one would think I would just learn to make the choice to avoid this scenario, however I am sure by the end of this weekend it will have taken place again.

Then come the real kind of indecisive issues....most of my friends know this about me....in certain aspects of my life I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Primarily in regards to my house....UGH!!! See in the 12 years I have been with my hubby we have lived together in at least 9 places, no we are not a military family, my hubby has worked for the same company for 7 years and we have lived in our house for 5 years. This all sounds nice and stable...but because of our early years moving around I am always afraid of the next big move. So as a result we have lived in the same place for five years and I can't make a decision in the house without the internal conversation about how it would effect the resale value, or what happens when we decide to more. I have now put of getting a pool for four years...at this point I am going put the damn thing in and we WILL move!! See my husband gets this about me, it makes him insane though. Last summer he gave me an ultimatium build a pool or move to another house that has a pool, I guess he wants a pool. Well seeing as it is now March and not a single pool contractor has walked onto my property I guess I showed him! Except then he did the unexpected, he gave up....said for me to change everything else I wanted to in the house, damnit, now I want the freaking pool! Reverse Psychology, it's a bitch!

Maybe I will start calling around, get some quotes, maybe.....

3 comments:

Scott-N-Heather said...

Moving sucks...My parents moved 13 times before I was 10 years old. We weren't moving for military reasons either. My father just happens to be the type who KNOWS IT ALL and can't get along with bosses. Quits or gets fired. Either way, it's not fun for a kid. On a brighter note, if you decide to get a pool you should be able to get a great deal. Pool business is hurting REALLY bad now and they are probably desperate. For our fence and patio we went through Servicemagic.com. They have already prescreened for licenses etc and will give you a list of peeps. You can read reviews and decide who to call. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Not to get off subject, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the song on your blog. Sometimes I just tune in to listen to the music!

Drama said...

Me too, Tracy, me too!