Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random...or not so random....Quotes




I am having trouble with focusing enough to blog...so for today I will continue with my Random Quotes, or like I said before maybe not so random! Karen has given me much inspiration today as I almost forgot....thanks girlie, what would I do without you!

" To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - courtesty of Mr. Ralph Waldo Emerson

And this one is for my grandmother, who despite our differences was one of the most important people in my life...this is the first time in my life that she is not here on March 26th...her birthday...I miss her greatly and wish I could pick up the phone to call her just to hear her voice....instead I offer her this from afar......

"We cannot change the past, but we can change our attitude toward it. Uproot guilt and plant forgiveness. Tear out arrogance and seed humility. Exchange love for hate - thereby, making the present comfortable and the future promising." - thank you Ms. Maya Angelou

I know this is something she strived for in her life and something she hoped for me....I can only hope one day to be able to acheive it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh I love the Maya quote, although I think one would be hard pressed to find a quote of hers I didn't love.
Your grandma must have been an amazing woman. I am sad I never got to meet her.

Scott-N-Heather said...

Aww wishing you happy thoughts of your grandmother today. I'm sure she is looking down on you and you make her smile :)